Friday, October 7, 2011

More Iconic American Vintage Style Pics

Short post tonight, since I'm a bit weary after 4 hours of swing dancing classes.  As promised, I want to continue to give you visual examples of IAV style. Let's go straight to the pics.

This is typical outfit for me that incorporates a few of my favorite elements.  As always, we start with great shoes.  Your shoes set the tone for the entire outfit, so buy the best quality you can afford and maintain them meticulously.  My cap toes are Allen-Edmonds, which are made here in the USA and have a welted sole you can replace.  They also offer a reburishing program.

My trousers are a soft, wool herringbone in our Barrow Hollywood style. These are easy drape cuts and I wear them with suspenders, so the high-waist can show.  All of our trousers have button-flys to avoid unsightly bulging when one sits.

With the cool fall weather coming in, I've thrown an easy shawl collared sweater on  instead of a jacket. This is the casual kind of elegance, I refer to as il Nuovo Formale (The New Elegance). Approachable, romantic and appropriate for the man about town.



Under the sweater I'm wearing our Keswick Wing Collar in a custom fit. I love how this collar looks with a long tie, or bow tie.  This particular tie is our Tonal Stripe Iconic Tie and features a herringbone tonal background with whiskey bottles, newsboy caps and Tommy gun motifs. I added some vintage ray-bans which you can probably find on e-bay for about $100.  Remember, cost-per-wear! I've had mine for 3 years already and they are very well-made.  The green tint lenses are super cool and the frames are tortoise shell.  Finally,  our vintage newsboy seals the deal. This one is tan herringbone, but we offer lots of choices, so do check them out. That's the look du jour. Oh, if you're trying to put together a look of your own and have questions feel free to leave me a comment and I'll do my best to send you down the right path.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thataboy, leave a comment. Just remember to speak low.